Luggage of Prohibited and Restricted carriage
- Following materials are prohibited accompanying baggage: corrosive, gas, explosive, toxic, oxygen, radioactive, flammable...
- Following materials are not permitted accompanying baggage: knife, scissors, gun, cartridge, wheelchair with battery;
- Passenger should not put money, jewel, document, important samples... in your baggage. Baggage should be covered and locked carefully;
- Passenger should not put breakable materials such as china, electronic, bottle, jar... inside your baggage;
- Following goods are prohibited carrying in flight: fish sauce, durian...
- Tourists are authorized to bring in the following items duty-free: Cigarettes: 400 pieces; Cigars: 50-100; Tobacco: 100 gram; Liquor: 1.5l.
- Personal effects of a reasonable quantity
- Small gift items valued at not more than US$500.
- Cameras, camcorders and other electric equipments not for personal use
Jewelry not for personal use;
- Currency over US$7,000 (There is no limit to the amounts of cash, precious metals and gems people can bring in, but amounts of over US$7,000 must be declared);
- Video tapes (they may be kept few days and screened).
- Goods of commercial nature and articles of high value require export permits issued by the Customs Office.
- Antiques, some precious stones and animals listed in Vietnam's red-book may not be brought out of the country.
- Money: below US$3,000 of cash.